- University degree in finance, accounting or banking; or undergraduate degree in business with graduate studies in finance, accounting and banking; or equivalent work experience;
- At least 3 to 5 years working experience in finance, microfinance or accounting with at least 2 years in banking;
- At least 2 years of international working experience;
- Proven experience in at least four of the following areas: banking, lending and credit administration, cash management, asset-liability management, financial administration of micro credit organizations, preparation and administration of grant proposals, especially with USAID, financial analysis, planning and budgeting in general;
- Strong analytical and report writing skills;
- Outstanding interpersonal skills;
- Outstanding communication skills, ability to speak in public;
- Proven training skills;
- Sound decision-making capabilities;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- High degree of computer literacy (MS-Office, particularly Excel, Visio, and knowledge of Bank Operating Systems, esp. Equinox, a plus);
- Willingness and ability to travel within the region (average 10 days each month);
- Fluent in English; French and Portuguese a plus.
Monday, 29 August 2011
Planning and Financial Analyst, Job Vacancy in Uganda
Jobs in Uganda
Job Code: 846
No of openings: 1
FINCA International is currently looking for a Planning and Financial Analyst for its regional hub in Africa, based in Kampala, Uganda.
The Planning and Financial Analyst reports to the Regional Director and will be responsiblefor monitoring and analyzing the planning and the financial performance of the affiliates.
S/he will also be responsible for managing the local hub office and acting as regional coordinator for all regional meetings and events.
This implies:Directing, training and active participation in the preparation of the strategic and annual operating plans and budgets for the affiliates in the region and the regional hub office.
Monitoring and analyzing monthly targets and financial performance, including the creation of various monitoring tools.
Monitoring compliance with financial policies, operating plans, budgets and grant agreements and central bank regulations.
Taking measures to protect equity from losses due to mismanagement, fraud, banking risk, monetary risk and foreign exchange risk.
Ensuring viable expansion and branch feasibility. S/he will also help with the fund raising
initiatives for the Hub and the affiliates and contribute to the proper management of the Hub’s resources and coordination with Headquarters.
Managing the local hub office, including supervision of local staff, hub accounts, and ensuring all hub assets are properly maintained and insured.
Coordination of all regional events, meetings held in the region, including regional Board of Directors meetings.
To apply click here
FINCA International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Categories: Accounts and Finance