- Higher University degree in Business, Finance, Banking, Economics, Management, or equivalent work experience;
- Ideal candidates must have at least 5 years banking or micro credit operations or internal control experience preferably with international organizations working in developing countries;
- Practical experience identifying internal control needs and creating solutions;
- Knowledge of internal control processes and microfinance best practices, familiarity with standard reporting metrics;
- Ability to manage multiple projects within a dynamic environment with a high level of urgency without compromising productivity;
- Ability to build and maintain excellent working relationships both with top and lower level management within diverse organizational structure in order to facilitate feedback and enhance implementation;
- Demonstrated leadership, networking and negotiation skills;
- Ability to travel extensively (up to 50%) and work flexible hours;
- Fluent in English.
Monday, 29 August 2011
Regional Internal Control Manager Job in Uganda
Job Code: 845
No of openings: 1
FINCA is looking for a Regional Internal Control Manager (RICM) for its regional hub in Africa, based in Kampala, Uganda.
The RICM will report to the Regional Director and will work with the affiliates to ensurethe development, implementation, maintenance, and continued renewing of a best practice internal control environment.
The position involves being constantly aware of all affiliates’ situation – strengths, weaknesses, needs, etc – in the area of internal control environment, and ensuring that the internal control environment meets best practice standards.
The RICM will work with affiliate Management and other operational staff at the filed level to assess needs and develop and implement solutions.
The RICM position is separate from internal audit and not responsible for the audit function. It is estimated that travel to affiliates will account for about 50% of the RICM’s time.
The goal is to create and maintain an internal control environment that discourages fraud and negligence, if fraud/negligence occurs, detect violations at an early stage, thus limiting damage to immaterial amounts, fosters efficient operations, and efficient use of human and technical resources, assists affiliate management at all levels in controlling and guiding staff and operations with the aim of improving performance.
To apply click here
FINCA International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Categories: B'ness Administration